What to do at the scene of an Auto Accident
January 5th, 2012
If you are witness or involved in an auto accident, here are things you need to do:
1. STOP immediately, but do not obstruct traffic.
2. ASSIST injured. Have someone call police. Repeat after 5 minutes
3. SECURE names, phone numbers, addresses of other drivers, witnesses, injured persons.
4. SECURE make, model, license numbers of all vehicles involved.
5. MAKE a rough drawing of scene, showing the position of all vehicles and other influential elements
6. DON'T hastily accept claim settlements at the scene of an accident
7. REMAIN calm, courteous and consistent in your version of the accident.
8. NOTIFY your insurance agent as soon as possible.
9. PRINT a checklist and keep it in your vehicle
View Recent Articles
Need Insurance? Or have questions about your current policies? Call a Borgos, Hanlon, Henry, and Garcia Agent today for more information.